icon
icon

Where are the lunar planters of 420 mag?

Feb 4, 2018
i thought i would start a thread about lunar planting, and try to see how many people here are into this?

i have since 2 weeks started to grow my weed according to the moon..

anyone doing it out there?!

Feb 4, 2018
Tips for Planting by the Moon

Planting with the phases and positions of the moon is a good way to enhance the gardening process. But use common sense. If the lunar calendar says to plant kohlrabi on a day when flash floods are expected, it is probably better to wait until the next elemental cycle. Plant as close to the middle of the recommended cycle as is feasible. Even with difficult intervening weather or soil conditions, you will be able to plant according to the calendar about 80% of the time.

Remember that planting by the phase and position of the moon is most effective when organic gardening procedures are used. Plants can respond best to the natural rhythms that surround them when they are sown in nonchemically treated soil. Use compost and organic fertilizers. For pesky insect problems, we include a bug spray recipe that will help to make your plants happy and insect-free. It is easy to make and easy to use, and it improves with age because it gets more potent the longer it stands.

Inspect Spray
1 pint spring water
1 teaspoon Tabasco
2 large crushed garlic cloves

E. A. Crawford, The Lunar Garden: Planting by the Moon Phases (NY, NY: Weidenfeld & Nicholson, 1989), pp. 9-26 & 47-50.

Feb 4, 2018
I've not tried it but I have heard about it from more than one source. Please do let us know how it goes. I'll give those link a gander.​