icon
icon

Sheriff Joe Will Not Return Pot To Card-Holding Patients At His Jails

Ivy

Dabz away!
Sep 4, 2007
PHOENIX – Sheriff Joe Arpaio is putting his foot down when it comes to returning marijuana to medical marijuana card holders when they are released from his jails.

On Wednesday the sheriff made a policy decision, saying those arrested by Maricopa County deputies for a criminal violation who are also medical marijuana patients will not be given their product back upon their release.

Arpaio says marijuana is contraband and that is why he decided not to store the drugs for other police agencies when someone is arrested.

The sheriff says he is aware of rulings in other states that may later make it a requirement for his officers to return medical marijuana to card-carrying patients but will not allow that until a local judge issues an order.

“Some courts in other states have ruled that defendants are entitled to a return of their controlled substances per the Medical Marijuana Act but until my hand is forced, they won’t be getting it back from my deputies,” Sheriff Joe said. “Possession of marijuana is still a federal felony as far I am aware and my deputies aren’t going to violate federal law.”

http://www.azfamily....-128847448.html

mfkamin

Nov 10, 2011
This does not surprise me. I bet even when Az judges/legislature approves the order to return medication to patients, he still won't comply.

Sherriff Joe does what he wants in maricopa county, and believe me it will only be a matter of time before his reign as a tyrant is put to an end.

J

jamiesound

Of course he won't ,the state of Mayberry AZ is doing great with this toolbag spewing madness

mestiz-o

Hi, Im New!
Sep 17, 2010
Well, he's upholding federal law just like he does with federal immigration laws and many people seem to be ok with it. I wonder how many people who oppose his actions now favor the others.

mfkamin

Nov 10, 2011
Well, he's upholding federal law just like he does with federal immigration laws and many people seem to be ok with it. I wonder how many people who oppose his actions now favor the others.

His "Upholding federal law" consists of profiling and stake-outs. Not to meantion the amount of lawsuits he has incurred because of misconduct from his officers. The result of all these lawsuits has tripled the insurance premium for the city of Phoenix. I just wonder when the citizens of Maricopa county will wake up and realize what he is doing to the community. Phoenix anfd the surrounding cities have become a "police state" as a result of his actions, i should know i lived there for 4 years 2000-2004.