WT Regular
May 24, 2006
ya i heard this and it seems 2 b tru
also sativa doesnt give me the munchies as hard
ne1 else find this same conclusion?

N

Not a User

Mostly yes.

The first time my ex-wife tried Mazar (she smokes perhaps 1x a year) she devoured a whole bucket of chicken. And she is a vegetarian.

pushinweight

WT Advanced Member
Sep 25, 2005
Zasabi said:
lol its the other way around for me ...indicas and kushes seem to make me less hungry for some reason or another

weedtracker

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Not a User said:
Mostly yes.
The first time my ex-wife tried Mazar (she smokes perhaps 1x a year) she devoured a whole bucket of chicken. And she is a vegetarian.
hahahahhahahaha thats funny!

TLCC

Little Cottage Caregivers
Jul 26, 2006
WWW.ComingSoon.Com
Its Funny becuase Whe i smoke indica it tends to be more of a stony high in that it mellows you out and you get the munchies bad. Sativas are more of a working high in that it sorta wakes me up and gives a clearer high. Dont know how to exactly explain it...lol

CJK

aka The Duke Of Pico
Oct 27, 2005
Funny thread... Indicas knock my body down and don't give me the munchies. Sativas get me all head high and normal body, but I get munchies and (sometimes) paranoia from it!

M

MadRiverTurtle

I'd have to concur with the upper thing. At times good sativa can be so stimulating that it aggravates my illness. Few weeks ago I picked up some excellent Berry Goo from Dr. Order's (sactown). I dropped like $120 on it only to smoke one bowl and have a huge fucking panic attack. Needless to say I had to go back out and buy some indica instead.

I feel like I'm missing out sometimes because sativa can be so cerebral and psychedelic (along with phenomenal clarity).... oh well!

Apr 19, 2006
I agree with the upper/downer thing - however sativas usually spark the munchies for me most often (I had strawberry cough, and ate like a pig everytime i smoked it) so I've switched back over to mostly indicas - sad cause I usually enjoy a nice heady sativa more

brb9911

New, I'm High
Jul 20, 2006
If your meds are causing undue anxiety, try mixing a little indica in with your sativa; for me, this eliminates any feelings of unpleasantness while maintaining the more positive sativa effects.

Of course, your results may vary ...

Aug 24, 2006
Everyones metabolism is different. Generally Indica makes you sleepy and has a narcotic couch lock effect. Indicas are better for night time pain relief. Sativas are more uplifting and energetic. Sativas are better for day time pain relief. But what I am learning is that genetics are just as important on how well it's grown. I have had some trainwreck that is just as strong as any kush I have tried and I don't even like Trainwreck. Different strokes for different folks.

indigo1

High, Im New!
Sep 3, 2006
MadRiverTurtle said:
I'd have to concur with the upper thing. At times good sativa can be so stimulating that it aggravates my illness. Few weeks ago I picked up some excellent Berry Goo from Dr. Order's (sactown). I dropped like $120 on it only to smoke one bowl and have a huge fucking panic attack. Needless to say I had to go back out and buy some indica instead.

I feel like I'm missing out sometimes because sativa can be so cerebral and psychedelic (along with phenomenal clarity).... oh well!
That's an interesting take on the subject. I've always been in it for the sativas, but i'm beginning to realize that many pain patients desperately need the narcotic effects of the indica. Different tokes, different folks.

Seeriuscat

Seerius Bud Lover
Sep 17, 2006
I was told recently that the strains are so mixed these days that one never *really* gets just one or the other. Don't know if that's true, but generally I prefer a sativa for daytime functioning and creativity, and an indica at night to help with pain and insomnia, but everyone's physiology is different, so what works for some won't necessarily work for another.

Jul 23, 2006
Its true. Most strains nowadays are hybrids with effects favoring one or the other. But there are still those purebreeds hanging in there.

Most Kushes are 100% indica. Hindu for sure.

100% sativas are hard to come by. I had a few. White mist, Blue Dragon, I think White Widow too but I'm not sure about that one. From what I read today I think that catalyst strain that Mary Jane was talking about is all sativa as well. Haven't tried it though but can't wait to.

Dec 5, 2005
It is hard for me to make such clear-cut distinctions as Sative-upper, Indica-downer.

A lot of Indicas give me a lot of energy and I feel it more in the head: OG, Pure Kush, GDP, Erkle, to name a few. I found that these don't work for me at night.

I have also found some sativas that have a mellow body effect, like Sweet Skunk. I love Sweet Skunk at night because it is so mellow, but I was told it is primarily sativa.

Though most of the time, the upper/downer thing holds true. But it makes it hard for me to pick a batch of a strain that I haven't tried because I never know how it will effect me.

MMM420SoCal

Come LEGIT or GO HOME
Jun 8, 2006
www.icmag.com
Some people that have ADD or other chemical type imbalances will have opposite effects...

Sativas make them concentrate and calm them down, and indicas make them energetic... Its all dependent on your body chemistry. Thats why its important to sample different meds and find what works for you.

M3

Feb 5, 2007
generally except I don't get the munchies. I quit chewing tobacco and I'm still losing weight and firming up as the meds have me up and more active.

Zasabi said:

papasmurf

WT Advanced Member
Mar 7, 2007
some indicas seem to only produce weight after the
plant is older structualy when amber crystals dominate.

where as a lot of sativas are bulked up when the majority of hairs are still white

even though relative timings may be totaly different with the sativas useally going longer.

this alone could account for a lot of the differences betweeen the strains.

Jan 14, 2007
MadRiverTurtle said:

I get the same thing. What's the deal? I have struggled with anxiety for years and xanax was one of the drugs I have been able to stop taking since I started mmj. I'm not up all nite with anxiety now.

I don't like getting all tired in the daytime so I got a nice sativa that drove my head crazy. The panic set in and I ended up having to take my previous anxiety meds to calm myself down. Not a fun experience at all.

I've found alot of the indica heavy hybrids (like 60/40) are the way to go for me in the day.

Nov 28, 2006
For me, the upper & downer theory doesn't hold true. Perhaps it's due to my ADD, but I tend to get opposite effects. If I smoke sativa early in the day, I feel wasted and want to go back to sleep. The indica helps me to focus more because it relaxes my mind. My mind is already really stimulated, so sativa sort of over does it sometimes, whereas the indica slows down my thought processes to where I can focus on one thing at a time. Just compare the two highs next time you get a strong indica and sativa. :twitch: :sick: