icon
icon

Running after smoking?

elev8d

Hi, Im New!
Oct 15, 2007
Anyone else like working out after a good smoke? Personally I think its one of the best feelings to go for a nice jog/run right after medicating. Is this bad for you health wise or? I've always wondered

:guitar4:

Oct 28, 2007
I definitely think that medicating before working out is a great idea. I always medicate before I go for a run or lift because I think that it allows me to be more focused.

elev8d

Hi, Im New!
Oct 15, 2007
glad to hear I'm not alone on this one. Someone was trying to tell me that its bad for you because your hear rate increases alot when you smoke and combined with exercise that would be too much stress on your heart? Funny though, my heart rate barely increases if any at all when I smoke. I guess different strokes for different folks

La_Mogwai

how very meta
Jun 9, 2007
elev8d said:
Anyone else like working out after a good smoke? Personally I think its one of the best feelings to go for a nice jog/run right after medicating. Is this bad for you health wise or? I've always wondered

:guitar4:

I've gotten in the mood to use my stationary exercise bike a few times after smoking. I always enjoy it, if the mood strikes.

Ivy

Dabz away!
Sep 4, 2007
I would and still do run after smoking, I will also mountain bike. But I never felt comfortable lifting weights after smoking.

Does anyone here know of any recent studies linking smoking to heart attacks? I'm including some links from 2000. I remember this coming up in the past and not real sure how to react to it. It appears that your chance of heart attack is greater the first hour after smoking. If that is the case I'm not so sure about running immediately after smoking. Of course I do believe *age* will play a role. As it always does.

http://tinyurl.com/2sqmpu

http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/2000/03.02/marijuana.html

Much love and peace

408_grow

kush.purps.diesels.hashs. oils.kiefs.
Jul 19, 2007
ive been doin it for quite some time now and also have a uncle who loves to work out rite afta....take eddie bravo as an example..master and blackbelt in brazilian jiu jitsu..he loves to toke and do bjj rite after..it makes him "see the lihgt":punkrock:

Nov 15, 2007
i run up this trail all the time at Lake Arrowhead and i ALWAYS medicate befor. Puts me in the zone....

once befor taking the hike, i got a 40 oz Coke from AM-PM and dumped half out and filled it up with Jack Daniels...... WOW was that a bad idea. My friend had to pry that sh*t from my hands and throw it. i was so tired and dehydrated. i will be sticking to meds from now on befor excercise. lol

but yeah, medicating befor excercise is extremely helpful.... for me atleast.

if anyone is within 30 minutes of Lake Arrowhead, i reccomend taking that hike. Theres cliffs to jump off of into water at 3 different locations during the hike, good excercise, fun way to spend the day real medicated.

wroko89

Hi, Im New!
Sep 29, 2007
i love to medicate and then run

i feel that being medicated helps me get a little farther each time lOl

but hate lifting when medicated:faint:

:hippie:

designer_d

peace, love & gratitude!
Jul 8, 2007
I love to do most any kind of exercise after smoking. Running, biking, skating, lifting weights, and even boxing! I've been doing it that way for over 25 years, and I exercise about 5 times/week. It helps me to keep an intense focus on what I'm doing, and the inner critic becomes the inner coach. But I always have to have music to get into the flow! :headphonejam:

Shakalu

WT Regular
Aug 5, 2007
www.cornerstonecollective.com
I can't really work out medicated. i lift a lot of weight, so I need complete focus. I tried it once and I couldn't focus as much and lift nearly as much as I could. So personally, I work out in the morning when I get up, which leaves the rest of the day to smoke

Spacecase

High, I'm New!
Dec 6, 2007
I love to dance while medicated, and the way I dance, believe me it counts as exercise. I don't smoke specifically before I go to the gym, but sometimes I'm still a bit medicated when I do so. I feel fatigue and my body a lot more when I do so, which is a good thing and a bad thing. I tend to work out unmedicated.

The Urban Spaceman

Budtender Deluxe
Nov 10, 2007
I'm lucky I can even stand much less run after medicating. I do have a friend who is a professional body builder and he ALWAYS tokes up before working out, lifting, jogging whatever. He says it helps him focus and just makes it that much more fun to do.
Sadly I can only take walks for cardio exercise - running would just knock me out. I do make it as brisk a walk as possible tho. And yeah - I am medicated - just not an indica LOL.
TUS

Schmetty

High? Why yes I am
Jun 14, 2007
I think exercising after medicating is a good idea but only for certain things. Jogging, biking, swimming, and stretches especially. I like to stretch to limber up and medicating before so seems to make a huge difference i feel much more flexible and loose its great. Im not a bigger jogger i smoke cigs and i just cant run for squat anymore. Lifting weights while medicated sounds like a bad idea to me. When i smoke i tend to get a feeling of couch lock and that heavier feeling about myself and i think that would totally impair your ability to lift weights and get a good work out. You wont be able to lift as much and when you finish you will be sore and regret doing so. I would suggest medicate limber up, maybe have a little snap and go on your jog or bike ride whatever you prefer. Come home somewhat more sober have a Gatorade or something like that no energy drinks you feel terrible after working out you just want to maintain your bodies nutrients then do your lifting if you do that otherwise id say its time to cool down and relax. That just my .02 i used to go to a gym and be in good shape but then i got lazy.