icon
icon

Power Outage During Cycle

Oct 27, 2010
Hello,

I did not see anything posted on this site about this topic and was curious on how others deal with power outages during a light cycle?
Assuming that access or the ability to use a gas generator is not possible.

If it happens, what methods are used to get the cycle back on track or should you continue with the same cycle?

eclipse

Now, if 6 turned up to be 9, I don't mind, I don't
Jan 17, 2008
Mimic nature is what I do...which is nothing and leave them on the same start time. Some days are more cloudy than others--besides, a little "controlled stress" is actually good for them--sort of "toughens them up" a bit.

I don't do it on purpose, but sometimes I have extended a few hours to their day to finish up certain tasks (going to a one time 14-15 hours of light)--but I never change the "start time" (9 PM); except for daylight savings time--which I adjust by adding or subtracting 15 mins for 4 days to adjust to for the hour change.

Hermies...??? Maybe if they were super super stressed...but adding a few hours of light here or there--I doubt that will not generate a crop of 100% hermies.

Cheers!

Badmf

"Servin' Great Bud Since '65"
Jul 4, 2008
Biggest thing is not to have light on during light off times! If power goes off and three hours later it resumes your off time will be moved by that amount. Just keep your off time close to 12 and you should be fine, now lites going on in the middle of a cylce repeatively is not good. or extened day lengths. Many times hemies are from the lenbgth of time in bloom and not from lite cycles as the plant ages it says "hmmm, I am not pollenated so I will make some pollen myself to ensure we continue to exsist.