icon
icon

Pics of the first few days of flowering!

katzore

wants a good time
Jun 15, 2008
So here's my White Widow i got from PO and i'm letting it grow outdoors. So far, i have been 100% organic without any pesticide and nutes. I wanna start with nutes but i checked the PH of the feeding medium and it was under 4...SHould i put something in it to dilute it or try to raise the PH? Or would it be best to get different nutes. Just started flowering sept 1st

the last picture of both plants..the left is white widow and the right is hindu x skunk

Attachments

docdj

420 Unread Posts since your last visit.
Oct 4, 2007
Nice plants bro!
You may want to test the pH again..Make sure everything is mixed well. Very strange that your nutes should be so low a pH, as most/all are geared for cannabis (regardless of what picture there might be on the outside). Unless, of course, the package says SPECIFICALLY for a certain kind of plant (acid loving Orchids and the like).
Cannabis usually likes pH's @ 5.6-6.2, as I recall, so 4 would be a bit low and although soil does have a buffering capacity it's best to get the pH right straight off.
Now here's the deal. Growing plants ina hydro solution and in soil, the PH can be quite a but different, as I recall because there is not as much tolerance in the hydro setup compared to soil (due to the larger buffering capacity of soil, as stated b4). Do your homework and retest the pH after a thorough mixing. If it is still low you can buy pH up and I am sure there is a cheaper substitute than that (Sodium Bicarb.) but don't take that as a cheap substitute, I would not experiment with other than what a pro would use!

Hope that helps...

Another thing, How did you get such a late flowering period? All my outdoors started flowering @ late July, Early August!

Peace,

doc:thumb:dj

katzore

wants a good time
Jun 15, 2008
docdj said:
ice plants bro!
You may want to test the pH again..Make sure everything is mixed well. Very strange that your nutes should be so low a pH, as most/all are geared for cannabis (regardless of what picture there might be on the outside). Unless, of course, the package says SPECIFICALLY for a certain kind of plant (acid loving Orchids and the like).
Cannabis usually likes pH's @ 5.6-6.2, as I recall, so 4 would be a bit low and although soil does have a buffering capacity it's best to get the pH right straight off.
Now here's the deal. Growing plants ina hydro solution and in soil, the PH can be quite a but different, as I recall because there is not as much tolerance in the hydro setup compared to soil (due to the larger buffering capacity of soil, as stated b4). Do your homework and retest the pH after a thorough mixing. If it is still low you can buy pH up and I am sure there is a cheaper substitute than that (Sodium Bicarb.) but don't take that as a cheap substitute, I would not experiment with other than what a pro would use!

Hope that helps...

Another thing, How did you get such a late flowering period? All my outdoors started flowering @ late July, Early August!

Peace,

doc:thumb:dj
Thanks for the advice! I picked up the mothers from PO about 5ish weeks ago or so and now they're taking off. They were being vegged before i got em.

HB Dave

WT Regular
Jul 27, 2009
katzore said:
So here's my White Widow i got from PO and i'm letting it grow outdoors. So far, i have been 100% organic without any pesticide and nutes. I wanna start with nutes but i checked the PH of the feeding medium and it was under 4...SHould i put something in it to dilute it or try to raise the PH? Or would it be best to get different nutes. Just started flowering Sept 1st

the last picture of both plants..the left is white widow and the right is hindu x skunk
4 is very low from what I have read/seen.

During veg, dependent upon strain, they like a Ph around 6.5, I grow White Widow outdoors, in containers, they responded well to 6.5 - 6.7 range in veg.

When I moved to flowering, I moved them to 6.2 - 6.3, and again, have responded well, the attached pics is from a few days ago, day 18 or so of flowering.

With my Indica strains (Purple Kush, Querkle, Blueberry) they like veg Ph around 5.7 - 5.9 and flowering Ph at 5.5 - 5.7.

At any rate, 4anything sounds low to me.

Attachments

katzore

wants a good time
Jun 15, 2008
So i'm pretty pleased. it's been only 10 days of flowering and they're bothing doing quite nicely!!!!! Th first one is the White Widow. The second is the Hindu x Skunk. I know the pictures are awful, so please just zoom in!!! Much better views!! On the hindu x skunk, it looks pretty frosty and sticky for being a baby.

Attachments

docdj

420 Unread Posts since your last visit.
Oct 4, 2007
Here's what I do every a.m. and p.m. I pick off the yellowing leaves as they stand out as pot leafs your eye automatically goes from the bushy green plant to (OMFG a pot plant!):doh:...but a bud with a few leaves parallel with the ground (like the pics above) do not say 'MMJ'.

A big giant yellow jaggedy edged cannabis leaf shouts:

'Over here, the dumb ass stoners growing pot in their back yards!':oops:

Jes my 2 centavos.:der:

Peace,

doc:whoo:dj

dfve

WT Regular
Jun 14, 2006
katzore said:
So here's my White Widow i got from PO and i'm letting it grow outdoors. So far, i have been 100% organic without any pesticide and nutes. I wanna start with nutes but i checked the PH of the feeding medium and it was under 4...SHould i put something in it to dilute it or try to raise the PH? Or would it be best to get different nutes. Just started flowering sept 1st

ok, i have a simple question, cuz im simple i guess, how do you post a pic in here, i have a beautifull ogxbubba from seed 2 purple kushes cloned a pre98 bubba and a couple black domina id like to share and get feed back

storeless

Hi, I'm High
Dec 5, 2008
katzore said:

very,very,nice:bounce:

katzore

wants a good time
Jun 15, 2008
dfve said:
ok, i have a simple question, cuz im simple i guess, how do you post a pic in here, i have a beautifull ogxbubba from seed 2 purple kushes cloned a pre98 bubba and a couple black domina id like to share and get feed back
This is what i do... Save the pic on your computer.. click manage attachments, then browse. pick the file with the picture and then post. SIMPLE. :hippie:

katzore

wants a good time
Jun 15, 2008
So the first set of nutes i've ever given these plants were yesterday. They responded well and are super perky! It's like they were up all night coked out and got a lot done. haha Such a huge noticeable difference after a day of nutes. I'll get pics up when i can. The odor from the hindu x skunk is SUPER strong! Only the 12th day of flowering and you can smell it from like a 3 foot radius around the plant! =] Oddly my white widow has ZERO odor...but it's producing NICE sized flowers with a ridiculous number of pistils. But still no smell. anyone with an idea as too why this is happening to my WW?=[

dfve

WT Regular
Jun 14, 2006
bob n bebe's 001.jpg
here they are og x bubba from seed, cloned purple kush/2 pre98 bubba and a couple black domina

thought, opimnion, i just added a bloom/molasses and raw sugar mix for the last month of flowering
thought, opinions tips anyone???

Attachments

dfve

WT Regular
Jun 14, 2006
katzore said:
This is what i do... Save the pic on your computer.. click manage attachments, then browse. pick the file with the picture and then post. SIMPLE. :hippie:
by the way, thankyou for responding with a info to post:)

hey, that og x bubba is 4.5 feet tall:)