icon
icon

New to Vaporizers and needing advice

dev1os

Hi, Im New!
Apr 9, 2008
moriym said:
I've medicated with both a volcano and vapor brothers. The volcano is great because it's plug and play and very little technique is required.

The volcano is nice if you don't mind spending the coin. Since I wasn't up to dropping the $ for a volcano I took a look at the whip style vaporizers out there and eventually went with the vapor brothers ...

-lower initial cost (than a volcano)
-warranty/repair center located in socal
-ceramic heating element
-hands free glass on glass
-one of the pioneers of whip style vaporizers
-Made in the USA

After some experimentation as to what worked best for me I ended up getting the glass adapter so I could connect the vapor brothers to my water pipe. I like it because I can see the vapor coming into the tube/adjust my technique as necessary.
i have the same vaporizer, it's not bad i like it. just need to figure out what temp to use and how to tell when the herbs have been spent.

token007

Hi, Im New!
Feb 15, 2007
:hippie:

Purchased VaporDoc before the ceramic heating element and used it till it burned out.:doh:

Checked out ebay a few years back and picked up a Silver Surfer Vaporizer for a great price. :punkrock:

Been using the vape ever since without any problems or burnouts (Highly Recommended). :tortue-musique:

Anyone know of a good portable vape?

Sep 7, 2008
I have a portable vape its the vapir with rechargeable battery, i dont really like it though, i mean vaporizers in general. What i did like about it was i got like 8 different mouth pieces along with 5 herb disc. I bought it from a friend and he loved it. Guess its not for everyone.

abressler

WT Regular
Apr 9, 2008
dev1os said:
i have the same vaporizer, it's not bad i like it. just need to figure out what temp to use and how to tell when the herbs have been spent.
Herbs are spent when no more vapor is extracted even after stirring. Usually, my spent grounds are light tan with a burnt popcorn smell.

bigb

Hi, Im New!
Aug 29, 2006
I've had my "Extreme" vaporizer for nearly a year now. The remote control that comes with it is pretty handy.

marius

Hi, Im New!
Mar 15, 2008
After much research I went with the original Volcano with the ez bag setup. I definitely did not want to deal with trying to make bags. It would be kind of nice to make different size bags though. A small one for when you just need a pick me up.

Y

Yoda

marius said:
After much research I went with the original Volcano with the ez bag setup. I definitely did not want to deal with trying to make bags. It would be kind of nice to make different size bags though. A small one for when you just need a pick me up.
It's pretty easy to make your own bag's,.
you already have to tie the bag to the adapter for the mouthpiece - that is the hardest part - just tie a knot at the other end for your desired length,.

Tip: I used to place a large straw at the top or the opposite end of the filler side, and draw off a hit as it was being made or filling the bag and taking the hit without removing it from the volcano, just letting it run continuous turning up the temp as the vapor/smoke would diminish,.

:painkiller:

coltrane

Hi, Im New!
Nov 27, 2008
been reading with interest regarding the volcano vs. regular vapors. two questions:
1. i have a vaporizer (vap bros) and a volcanizer. cannot not seem to find the right temp on either so that i don't get smoke and thing tastes like burned popcorn. any suggestions?
2. with the volcano, am i likely to get a burned taste? anyone know of a good deal on a volcano in the LA area, especially san fernando valley?
thanks
coltrane

marky626

WT Regular
Jul 24, 2008
The volcano is good but not as good as the Digi Vapor 500 this vaporizer more than great:thumb: it's easy to use and the only vaporizer that has on the box for herbal aromatherpy!! So go out find one and there not as expense like the volcano. i paid only $125. And found it at the World Famous Vince Beach!!!!:smokin:

Nov 25, 2008
common00X said:
Hey I'm looking in to getting a vaporizer as well and was looking at the SSV what do you guys think of it. I want a whip style vape the bag doesnt seem to good of an idea. Also I have never tried vapeing does anyone know of a good coop that has one on site to try. Thanks.
Take a look at Da Buddha. Excellent product and quite a bit less than the SSV.

C

cryxis

Personally I find that the volcano is a bit much, and as far as the knock off volcano's go, I've heard nothing but bad things about them :doh:. If you are interested in trying them I have found there is a volcano at AHPS (you buy your meds and use them there if you want, can't try for free). Clover has a cheaper volcano that even they don't like, but you can try it, and they have a regular Vap.Bros. you can use, with an optional bubbler you can use with it (quite an awesome set-up, I have to get a vape now too...), and they will hook you up with all sorts of free samples (a verry chill place) :thumb:. I've seen a few others around, but can't remember where, but I would recommend AHPS and especially Clover.
Hope this helps!

Anyone find any great deals on Vap.Bros vaporizers (or other lifetime warranty vapes)?

Oct 23, 2008
I own a super vapezilla for more than 2 years.. used it more than 1000 hours by now, it's quite reliable. the classic model is more moderately priced. the only downside it has is the noise which is a bit annoying but not too bad.
I love it.

Dec 19, 2008
I have personally tried using heating guns with glass units and tried the Volcano. By far the Volcano is a much more enjoyable experience. You just insert the bud, turn on the unit, it fills up the bag and .... party time! It is a large investment that will eventually save you money when you find yourself using less medicine each month. If you are a committed medical marijuana patient and can see yourself smoking for years to come then I would recommend getting the best. Get a Volcano!

C

cryxis

Got a KIA Vape last weekend and love it! :thumb: My only qualm with this device is that it gets a little hot for a hands free model; you kind of have to adjust the bowls distance to get he best results. I like the volcano of course, but I am not a fan of the bag (unless with others to share with), or the price of course. Vapor Bros. have been my favorite so far, but for the prices you can get the KIA Vape for I found it to be a better choice.
Much Love!

C

cryxis

Oh ya, I met a guy who has some new SSV's for sale in Van Nuys on craigslist, pretty cheap (found him after I got mine). I've heard they are pretty good and versatile.