icon
icon

New to Vaporizers and needing advice

GanJAhMAnn

Hi, Im New!
Jul 13, 2008
dont waste ur time on these volcano's and other vaperizers. go to WICKEDROOTS.com and buy urself a VAPEZILLA!! best VAPERIZER on the market.. the flavor and the way it hits u, nothing can compare.. DEFEATED the VOLCANO many times in the CANNABIS CUP!! go with a WINNER, the WICKED ROOTS VAPEZILLA!!!

common00X

Looking For The Bomb OG!!!
Jun 9, 2008
Hey I'm looking in to getting a vaporizer as well and was looking at the SSV what do you guys think of it. I want a whip style vape the bag doesnt seem to good of an idea. Also I have never tried vapeing does anyone know of a good coop that has one on site to try. Thanks.

D

Dieselworks

I only use methods that include ice AND water. The whip style vapes are OK for "once and a while" use. I've found chronic long term vaporization requires ice and water. (My pain is off the charts:violin2:)See my post on the Volcano Health Problems thread. I do own two whip style vapes, for emergencies, but I prefer the VRIPPER by vriptech. The 007 kit is costly but well worth the money.

eclipse

Now, if 6 turned up to be 9, I don't mind, I don't
Jan 17, 2008
pasteisme said:
vapir stinks
vapor bros stinks
silver surfer stinks
If 3 out of 3 stink...then maybe the smell is not emanating from the equipment--perhaps the source of dissatisfaction lies with the operator.

pasteisme

space cowboy
Mar 26, 2007
eclipse said:
If 3 out of 3 stink...then maybe the smell is not emanating from the equipment--perhaps the source of dissatisfaction lies with the operator.
no bro, they are not worth the money. Try and go for a volcano if you can.

KJ43

Dead but dreaming
May 27, 2008
pasteisme said:
no bro, they are not worth the money. Try and go for a volcano if you can.
I think the main point is that just saying "such and such stinks" isn't doing anyone here any good at all and is worth less than saying nothing at all.

Hit us up with some valid and well thought reasons and all of a sudden you are offering up something real for people.

I personally use a Herbalaire and it kicks all sorts of ass. It may not be Volcano but I bet the end result is pretty much the same when it comes to the vapor.

D

Dieselworks

Lets get to the point:

Here are things that i look for in a vape tool.

Heating element:

I insist on using a ceramic encapsulated heating element. Many heat guns are NOT. Steinel hg3002LCD is. there is a newer model available but it dont have a model number. I am unaware if the Volcano's heating element is ceramic

Glass on Glass:

I have removed the stainless steel screens in my 007 kit and replaced it with a glass star screen. Also the vapor in the SVT II is never exposed to anything but glass.
This ruled out the Volcano. I wouldnt use the Volcano because the lack of ice and water cooling.

Ice and Water Cooling:

Yes, I'm spoiled. The vapor MUST be ICE and Water cooled. Don't discount this item. I've found that cooling and humidity effect "smoke"-ability, taste and high.

This is why I use the Vripper by Vriptech. Most have never heard of it.
Its MUY BUENO

Jul 1, 2008
Hey guys i just got a hand me down vape. wood box one dial and a on off switch. Do u thinks i could get away with smoking in my room without my roommates noticing the smell?

Justonevoice

The intuition of free will gives us the truth.
Sep 3, 2007
Vaporizers typically give off a different odor,but there will be some odor and it should not be as offencive to non-smokers as other means.

eclipse

Jan 17, 2008
Three primary reasons why I do not own a Volcano...

Firstly, with my Silver Surfer I can drop a match head of kif on the screen...and it vapes nicely--I think about 200% better than Rooring it. I can consume the kif in about 2 nice draws without it flaming up--and the effects are immediate! I don't think the volcano is designed to vape just a match head of kif--unlike the "whip & wand" design.

Secondly, that first draw of a freshly loaded strain in my Silver Surfer...it tastes sooooo gooood....you really can't beat it! The aromas characteristics I taste from various strains include: citrus, sandalwood, eucalyptus, berry, minty, burnt hash... I understand that aromas may not be as intense with the Volcano styled vaporizers.

And lastly, I just don't like turkey bags (period). Personal preference (period).

eclipse

Jan 17, 2008
Justonevoice said:
Vaporizers typically give off a different odor,but there will be some odor and it should not be as offencive to non-smokers as other means.
The only odor noticeable with my Silver Surfer gives...is after I expel. The actual heating the meds and drawing in the vape gives off almost no odor.

insomniac66

Hi, Im New!
Jul 31, 2008
My two cents for what it's worth.

Based on this thread, I took the plunge and purchased a vapor tower. I've actually had a chance to use the volcano, but decided it was a bit too pricey for my pocketbook.

It's true: the Volcano is the best; but for what I paid ($200), the Vapor Tower does a damn fine job.

kgbud1

WT Advanced Member
Feb 1, 2008
GanJAhMAnn said:
dont waste ur time on these volcano's and other vaperizers. go to WICKEDROOTS.com and buy urself a VAPEZILLA!! best VAPERIZER on the market.. the flavor and the way it hits u, nothing can compare.. DEFEATED the VOLCANO many times in the CANNABIS CUP!! go with a WINNER, the WICKED ROOTS VAPEZILLA!!!
I would not used the Vapezilla even if you paid me. They are way over priced. They work like crap. P.S. I tried on at the CC Cup. The Volcano blows it away hands down. Don't was your money on one. Buy a Volcano you will be happy.

Kgbud1

Shoki

WT Regular
Sep 21, 2008
Dr.KK said:
I use the Vapor Brothers brand the wood box but I use the one with the heat element pointing down not up so the product stays in the whip.
why the heck do some of them point down? seems like you are just asking for your material to drop down onto the heating element.

Jul 27, 2007
i dont think i like whips unless its headed into a bag and that requires me to get either a volcano a vapir or a custom gun set ...vapirs kinda small and the volcanos a bit pricy so i might go with the extreme vaporizer from arizer.com for 199 without bags, or 299 with bags extra bowl and remote....h:wheelchair:eek:owa

moriym

Dec 12, 2007
I've medicated with both a volcano and vapor brothers. The volcano is great because it's plug and play and very little technique is required.

The volcano is nice if you don't mind spending the coin. Since I wasn't up to dropping the $ for a volcano I took a look at the whip style vaporizers out there and eventually went with the vapor brothers ...

-lower initial cost (than a volcano)
-warranty/repair center located in socal
-ceramic heating element
-hands free glass on glass
-one of the pioneers of whip style vaporizers
-Made in the USA

After some experimentation as to what worked best for me I ended up getting the glass adapter so I could connect the vapor brothers to my water pipe. I like it because I can see the vapor coming into the tube/adjust my technique as necessary.