icon
icon

New to Vaporizers and needing advice

joshhppc

here whats burning
Mar 22, 2008
stop please dont buy one check into DIGI VAP-500 it beats the valcano hands down and its is alot frienlyer to your wallett

your friend josh

K

kwicky

joshhppc said:
stop please dont buy one check into DIGI VAP-500 it beats the valcano hands down and its is alot frienlyer to your wallett

your friend josh
Josh,
If you think that cruddy Digi Vap beats anything, you aren't my friend.

Why discourage patients from getting the SAFEST and BEST vape out there? :doh:

OH! Now I get it. You sell that junk. :slaugh:My bad!

Aug 16, 2006
kwicky said:
Josh,
If you think that cruddy Digi Vap beats anything, you aren't my friend.

Why discourage patients from getting the SAFEST and BEST vape out there? :doh:

OH! Now I get it. You sell that junk. :slaugh:My bad!
I totally agree with you kwicky :whoo: . I've been a proud owner of a Volcano for two years now :hippie: I owned another cheap vaporizer before the Volcano, Vapir One, and it was not effective at all. Stuides done on vaporizing marijuana are done using the Volcano Vaporizer (check out Norml and MAPS websites). It is very hard to beat the Volcano :bump:

K

kwicky

ShiningSkull,

I also have a Steinel LCD heat gun and a vriptech bowl. It's a bit odd to use and takes some practice to insert the gun into the bowl correctly.
Still its nice if you don't want to mess with bags but want rich vapor. I use it mostly for concentrates as the glass is easy to clean up.
It is however a 2 handed affair that can be a bit hard to use if you have joint pain.
Still it's less $$ than a volcano. I would suggest trying a vrip bowl before you go buy one.
Some people just love them. Some people don't. I'm in the middle.
Bong users seem to like a lot as you can use just ice in the bong for cold vapor hits.

You can also use a Steinel with the volcano valve set. Sort of a turbo volcano.

K

kwicky

ShiningSkull,

I also have a Steinel LCD heat gun and a vriptech bowl. It's a bit odd to use and takes some practice to insert the gun into the bowl correctly.
Still its nice if you don't want to mess with bags but want rich vapor. I use it mostly for concentrates as the glass is easy to clean up.
It is however a 2 handed affair that can be a bit hard to use if you have joint pain.
Still it's less $$ than a volcano. I would suggest trying a vrip bowl before you go buy one.
Some people just love them. Some people don't. I'm in the middle.
Bong users seem to like a lot as you can use just ice in the bong for cold vapor hits.

You can also use a Steinel with the volcano valve set. Sort of a turbo volcano.

S

ShiningSkull

Oh, thanks for the info, kwicky. Very helpful!

It would be so helpful to try before buying....

OttoKontrol

Anahiem Ducks Fan
Feb 18, 2008
Ok - I am confused. First off - I purchased a Vapir one 5.0. Yes I know the volcano is better but for arguements sake, please do NOT tell me to go get one. Instead, can anyone point me in direction that has comprehensive instructions on how to use this bloody thing. My questions are:

1. How long do I vaporize for before the meds are done?
2. How much do I use. (typically I smoke about a 1/8 to a 1/4 gram at night).3. What temprature works the best?

The instructions that came with it were geared to aromatherapy - but I have no clue as to use the bags orr do I hit it like a pipe, do i stop the fan inbetween hits, do I fill up all the bags or what.

Please Help if you can.

I would have started a new post except I new here and I am not yet allowed.

Thanks again for any assistance.

Otto Kontrol

OttoKontrol

Anahiem Ducks Fan
Feb 18, 2008
Thank you Puttfordoe but their "instructions" blow when comes to using it with mmj.

So again if anyone can actually give me some good hints and help - it would really be appreciated.

I just don't get the whole process. I am so used to puffing a bowl that I still think like a smoker. I am sure I am not the only one with this type and I hope that some of the kind members here can help me out.

Unfortunatly - I don't have a lot of expertise in other areas to share unless you want advice on home thaters, Hi def TV's or projection screens.

Again, thank you to anyone that guide me on my way.

Otto

mid wester

Hi, Im New!
May 21, 2008
labrat said:
i have to agree!! i got one of the whip style boxes ,its a pain in the ass!! used it a few times!! ill be looking into a volcano (digital) thats my problem the temp !! the one i have now i have to use a pencil to mark the knob setting ,but then it varies! ,and i aint got time for that shit!!peace lab rat:punkrock:
i have to agree i have a whip also ,dont like to ajust heat, too much variable in diffrent strains of medication.you dont want to burn or get any smoke,how do you know when product is spent?

Apr 2, 2008
Otto,

Set temp @ 360 deg F turn fan speed to low turn on heat until red light turns green then set fan speed to med insert herb disc and attach balloon until filled with vapor. You will need to grind the herb and I filled the herb disc about half way full. You will know when the herb is gone because you will get no more vapor out of the disc. After messing with one of these things for about two weeks I bought a Volcano digit. (Way better but alot more money)
hope this helped you out.

OttoKontrol

Anahiem Ducks Fan
Feb 18, 2008
thanks putt, I am still dialing in on this thing. I still can't tell if I'm getting all the vape or not. I think my biggest issue right now is the grinding part. I just don't feel like I am getting any of the good stuff out of my meds. But I am not giving up yet :smile2:

I have a feeling I will be asking for a volcanoe for my birthday.

Otto

Z

Zelig

OttoKontrol said:
thanks putt, I am still dialing in on this thing. I still can't tell if I'm getting all the vape or not. I think my biggest issue right now is the grinding part. I just don't feel like I am getting any of the good stuff out of my meds. But I am not giving up yet :smile2:

I have a feeling I will be asking for a volcanoe for my birthday.

Otto
Just jumping in on the thread, didnt get a chance to read it all and I haven't used this vape-- but if you are not sure if you are getting it all, keep upping the temp. The worst thing you can do when vaping is just start to combust the material a bit, which you would be doing by smoking anyhow. When I first started w my old box vape a while back, I had to start by scorching it and easing back until I got rid of the combustion taste and had a pure vapor thing goin. Took me a while. Plus box vapes just suck so that compounded the issue. :)

OttoKontrol

Anahiem Ducks Fan
Feb 18, 2008
Zelig, Puttfordoe

Should I see visable 'vapor' all the time? From what all the instructions say, there may not be anything visable yet still good stuff in the vapor. And would it be plausible that I would be able to get 4-5 usable Vapir bags out of a third of a 'disk'.

Last night I started a bag at 360 and when up 5 degrees for each of the next 3 bags. I really didn't feel all that high but again I don't have a grinder so I just cut the meds up. I will get a grinder for next attempt.

Thanks for the help

Otto

OttoKontrol

Anahiem Ducks Fan
Feb 18, 2008
Well - I have a grinder, I mounted the Vapir One to a stand and I have gotten used to using the bloody thing.

Still not impressed with the whole vaporizing process though.

I still don't know how long I can keep vaping a 'batch' though. And I am not that all impressed with the high. Not to mention, I seem to be using more meds cuz after I vape, I still feel the need to smoke some.

But I will keep on practicing.

Otto

captkirk1a

Purple Sage Cannabis Apothecary
May 18, 2007
www.purplesagecannabis.com
Keep on Trucking with the Vapir One v5.0. I have had mine for a few months and I agree the instuctions that come from Air-1 , the manufacturer of the Vapir One, are pathetic and they should be told that by every customer that is unhappy. So, there is a learning curve in tweeking your technique. I fill my herb cartridge aprox 3/4 full (perhaps .3 to .4 grams) using ONLY ground MMJ buds. You can use keif and hash in your vapir One but cut WAY back on how much you put in the disk or you are going to overdo it big time.:slaugh:

I fill five bags per disk- and some bags will have no visable smoke but still have active THC. Like one of the other WT posters- I turn the heat 5 degrees hotter after each bag- starting from 380 and going all the way up to 400 if you are trying to squeez all the THC out of the disk- (some feel 400 is too high but it isn't with the vapir One).:couch2:

Be careful if you use the whip with the Vapir One- as you can get a really hot hit that can torch the mouth and back of throat.:mad2:

Y

Yoda

What's wrong with Aluminum,.
We used to eat off it under TV dinners in the 70's and early 80's,.
~ Some very good drugs had 1 Gram of condensed (Al) foil vapor added in the mix,.
Oh never mind,. not to many of yew even knew that I guess,. lol
too much information.

:painkiller:

OttoKontrol

Anahiem Ducks Fan
Feb 18, 2008
Thanks CaptKirk :)

I am getting more and more used to this thing. I still feel the need to toke a bowl but I am starting to enjoy the Vapor high. I pretty much am following your plan of action now and it seems to be getting easier and more comfortable to use. I am grindeing my meds now and that seems to help.

I have heard some people smoke the leftover vape remains. It seems to me to be counterintuitive to using the vaporizor in the first place. Anywys, what else can I do with my "leftovers"? Anyway to convert it to usable medicine without having to smoke it.

Thanks for all the help from everyone so far.

Otto