icon
icon

New to Vaporizers and needing advice

Feb 11, 2007
I am currently planning on purchasing my first vaporizer. However, I am really unsure which to purchase?

The only version I have tried is the "volcano" vaporizer which was nice, but I am slightly put-off by the price as this is my first time buying and I want to make sure I would "Love" it if I were going to spend that much.

Can you guys give me suggestions / alternatives and opinions on which is best and why? Is the volcano really worth the price and will I be dissappointed if I choose another option?

Thank you so much!

D

dismalqueen

Chelle775 said:
I am currently planning on purchasing my first vaporizer. However, I am really unsure which to purchase?

The only version I have tried is the "volcano" vaporizer which was nice, but I am slightly put-off by the price as this is my first time buying and I want to make sure I would "Love" it if I were going to spend that much.

Can you guys give me suggestions / alternatives and opinions on which is best and why? Is the volcano really worth the price and will I be dissappointed if I choose another option?

Thank you so much!
I bought the cheapest one, I didn't like it...because I really didn't know what I was doing with it. The screen came out and I couldn''t figure out how to get it back in (I have difficulty using my hands because of nerve damage). If you are interested I could let you "borrow" mine (if you can fix the screen) and you can try it out, to see if you "love" it.

biggsam

WT Regular
Mar 1, 2007
The Volcano is great and worth the money. If you want to try a good vaporizer and not go broke, the Vaporbrothers box style vaporizer is great. The have a new one with a ceramic element. This would be my very close number two to the Volcano, at 1/3 of the price. But eventually, you will end up buying the Volcano after you start and really learn how to vaporize.

b1joy2c

WT Honorary Member
Aug 9, 2007
dismalqueen said:
I bought the cheapest one, I didn't like it...because I really didn't know what I was doing with it. The screen came out and I couldn''t figure out how to get it back in (I have difficulty using my hands because of nerve damage). If you are interested I could let you "borrow" mine (if you can fix the screen) and you can try it out, to see if you "love" it.
I bought one as well - it is ok but guess I like edibles a bubbler better. Seems like a big production and wait times till its hot enough, then suck hard and just seems a bit much. I too, didn't know quite what to do with it, screen or no screen and the directions were almost non-existent. Asked a few of my friends and no one could help. Eventually I figured it out. However having to keep it somewhat invisible from some folks makes if even more troublesome to me. Mine is call the classic, plastic and with a glass jar on top with brass fittings. :blueface:

Dr.KK

Im here for the people bottom line....
Sep 7, 2007
www.420room.com
I use the Vapor Brothers brand the wood box but I use the one with the heat element pointing down not up so the product stays in the whip.

slackerbri

african booty scratcher
Jan 14, 2007
I have a vapor brothers vape but its been in the closet ever since I got my Volcano.

It's not cheap but its a great investment.

dub599

Hi, Im New!
Mar 23, 2007
i have used the vapor bros, hot box, vrips, vapor tower, volcano, vapir 3.0, the b.c. vaporizer. with out a doubt the volcano is the best and most convienient, but thats price tag will make your pockets hurt. i did a lot if research when i was getting my vaporizer and i ended up with the vapor tower and i love it. it is really easy to dial in and get started. its based on the same technology of vaporization as the volcano, it is hands free (glass on the glass verticle connection)it is extemely easy to use and i would say comes very close to the volcano as far as ease and function and it only cost $200. i have heard the company gives discounts to medical patients. i picked mine up for $159 from my favorite co-op. i saved a ton of money and spent it all on medicine.

Z

Zelig

To be completely honest I pretty much never use my vape. When I do it is in conjunction with my waterpipe. If I had a Volcano I htink I would vape a lil more, but I just love smoking too much. So my advice is don't go with a wand style and to just wait until you can afford the Volcano. I know it has a huge price tag, I can't afford one myself, but should have saved the $150 I spent on my whip-style.

labrat

Reel stoned
Jan 12, 2006
Zelig said:
To be completely honest I pretty much never use my vape. When I do it is in conjunction with my waterpipe. If I had a Volcano I htink I would vape a lil more, but I just love smoking too much. So my advice is don't go with a wand style and to just wait until you can afford the Volcano. I know it has a huge price tag, I can't afford one myself, but should have saved the $150 I spent on my whip-style.
i have to agree!! i got one of the whip style boxes ,its a pain in the ass!! used it a few times!! ill be looking into a volcano (digital) thats my problem the temp !! the one i have now i have to use a pencil to mark the knob setting ,but then it varies! ,and i aint got time for that shit!!peace lab rat:punkrock:

FREEkaya

STAY human & POWER to the peaceful
Apr 14, 2005
people.tribe.net
been loving my Silver Surfer Vap for yrs now..... www.silversurfervap.com

you can vap with it and use it as an oil diffuser and could have 2 actions going on at the same time.

when this one dies , which it doesnt look like it will be anytime in the near future i will purchase a digital variable temperature heat gunt o use with my glassware or fill ballons..

Au_Hunter

The best things in life are dirty
Jun 29, 2007
FREEkaya said:
been loving my Silver Surfer Vap for yrs now..... www.silversurfervap.com

you can vap with it and use it as an oil diffuser and could have 2 actions going on at the same time.

when this one dies , which it doesnt look like it will be anytime in the near future i will purchase a digital variable temperature heat gunt o use with my glassware or fill ballons..
Oh, goody a link too!!!

Must read...

Aug 24, 2007
I would say that anyone who is new to vaporizing should most definatly start out with a Vapor Bros.....nothing less.....and if you can get a Volcano....I would just reccomend getting that instead. I learned basically what vaporizing was all about when I had my vapor bros...and had it for close to a year or maybe more before I moved onto the Volcano. Once I fully understood how vaporizing worked....I was so fascinated with it...that I just had to grab a Volcano...and then I saw the digital and saw it blows 3 times faster and is even more efficient I had to get it! LoL...but start off with a vapor bros wooden box...make sure its not a knock off. I heard knock off brands are shitty....and get the glass on glass one and make sure that when you turn it on go all the way on and about a third of a turn back...so that the little nudge on the dial is basically straight up and you wont have to worrie about adjusting after that! Also make sure that its just hot enough to get it to barely glow red hot and youll be enjoying some fine strong vapors....dont forget to regrind after the vapors start getting weak so it refreshes bowl!:punkrock:

italvibes78

Selassie is my co-piolet
Dec 6, 2005
I most deff prefer the volcano for sure. I have a vape box and a few other varorizors..vaporbros,heat gun,vapro http://vapro.us/ ect.. but the volcano is deff my fav. and easiest to use, and best results.. for me at least.

italvibes78

Selassie is my co-piolet
Dec 6, 2005
Ive heard only Good about vapezilla products but havent gotten a chance to use unforchanantly.. however you spell it ...lol

Sep 20, 2007
I think the vaporizer is an amazing machine and it is better than anything out there. Personally I went crazy and used mine for the first month non-stop. Than I wanted to go back to the bong. IF you have the extra money it is a great piece to have. You are more than welcome to come to my coop and use mine anytime(even if you dont buy anything).I hope this helps I think you can buy them on Venice beach for 375.00. Its the smoke shop next to the fat pizza place in the center of venice beach it is also next to the restera

FREEkaya

Apr 14, 2005
people.tribe.net
ceramic heating element is the key to finding one that has a longer lasting and more acurate

volcanos never stay to temp , maybe the new ones are better

newr models of the vapor bros are ok but double screens is a bit much for me

anyone else here use a heat gun ?

kael

dr zack
Jul 22, 2007
Anybody find a better whip for supervapilla. Anyone know how to put a screen in the original equip wand. I got a glass end tip from another vendor(it comes with just the bare hose. Work and looks great.

CannaBandit

WT Advanced Member
Aug 1, 2007
The Volcano is the best vaporizor I've tried. Some of the box/whip style vaporizers were not so great. I got my Volcano at the Farmacy West Hollywood for $400 no tax. They were happy to pass on that great deal. I believe it wholesales for $359. They even kicked down a few free edibles with my purchase. I haven't seen a better deal for patients.

FREEkaya

Apr 14, 2005
people.tribe.net
i would say for $400 bucks that outrageous to me ...silver was only $150 delevered to my house with choice of colors and everyone is unique with hand blown glass

by far the best still is a heat gun which its seems wtih the readers of this thread dont use or havent spoken about it.