icon
icon

[Menu] The HopeNet Almost-Daily Menu

stanley

Medicated since 1968
Jan 5, 2006
Re: The HopeNet Almost-Daily Menu

yolopatient said:
.....combined with the fact that pretty much all of their meds I'm interested in are now in the $60 price range, has made me decide to take my business elsewhere. I hate to say that because I like the folks that work there, and it has a good location with easy parking, but it's just gotten too expensive for me.

yolo
I really hate to agree, but I have noticed that I have had to pass up Hope Net for the past several months for my regular monthly supply.

I absolutely love the folks there, and the concentrates are exceptional, but they have just gone above my price ceiling... I can only make the dollars go so far.

I can get flowers of equal quality elsewhere in town for anywhere between 5 and 15 dollars an eighth less than the 60 that now seems the norm for top shelf at HN...

So, sadly, they are now just a spot for some specialty items.... Odin's chocolate milk is not to be missed for instance... And I still like seeing the smiling faces of the staff, they are such nice folks.

God bless them all for providing us with safe access to our medicine!

High, I'm High
Dec 15, 2006

stanley said:
I really hate to agree, but I have noticed that I have had to pass up Hope Net for the past several months for my regular monthly supply.

I absolutely love the folks there, and the concentrates are exceptional, but they have just gone above my price ceiling... I can only make the dollars go so far.

I can get flowers of equal quality elsewhere in town for anywhere between 5 and 15 dollars an eighth less than the 60 that now seems the norm for top shelf at HN...

So, sadly, they are now just a spot for some specialty items.... Odin's chocolate milk is not to be missed for instance... And I still like seeing the smiling faces of the staff, they are such nice folks.

agreed. sadly i am in the same boat unless it is a special week.

Jul 24, 2007

stanley said:

Exactly! :hippie:

Love HopeNet, but just can't afford to go that often and restock my flowers...

shimz

I'm tho thooooned!
Nov 5, 2005

maybe they will read this and see that $55 is just perfectly in the middle for us to pay and them to charge.

wait, make less money off us weedtrackers? nah, who am I kidding.
BUT, like I already said, the top shelf meds are insanely great and the staff may be the best in SF, but my wallet cannot take it anymore, especially for a short bag.

OK rant over, back to menu talk...probably my last post in this thread.
TAKE IT SLEAZY YA'LL!

jordan

full melt!
Apr 14, 2007
www.fullmeltbubble.com

yolopatient said:
Sorry, meant to post on this yesterday but got busy...

Firsr off, mad props to Skyline for letting us know this strain was in, and for giving a pretty much spot-on description of the effects. It does seem to me to wear off a little fast, but it sounds like I might be in the minority on that score - regardless, it's definitely worth checking out.

As far as the weight situation - the person that waited on me was an older woman I have not seen there before. She seemed pretty stoned and distracted when helping me, so that may have been part of the problem. I don't typically watch the scale when my meds are being weighed out (guess I'll start!), but I did kinda glance at it as she was finishing off my quarter and saw it flash 6.9, it was just as she was taking it off so I figured it was just bouncing around. When I got to shimz place I checked it with my scale, and it was 6.80. So not only did I pay a full $120 with no price break on a quarter, but it was under weight - granted not a lot, but still... I guess we can debate whether or not being a regular customer entitles you to a little overage, but at the very least I think expecting 7.1 or 7.2 on a quarter is not out of line, and typically what I get from other spots (or more).

This underage, combined with the fact that pretty much all of their meds I'm interested in are now in the $60 price range, has made me decide to take my business elsewhere. I hate to say that because I like the folks that work there, and it has a good location with easy parking, but it's just gotten too expensive for me.

yolo

yes i have had a couple similar encounters with the same lady you talk of.. i went in yesterday and my got a 8th for 60 and it was 3.5 exactly not to be cocky but no lie i usually dont get less than 3.8 anyways then i ask for 5 edibles and she gives me 7 and i hand her the money and as im walking away she says oh thats 10 more and i didnt realize she gave me 7 instead of 5 and for 5 minutes confused me and finally i emptied the bag and realized what she was trying to say,she was DEFINATLY overmedicated and should not be budtending also hence her very little knowledge on anything in there, i miss the old budtenders, tj, jeff, butters, carlos, chewy, even steve and cathy :thumbdown: I must also take some of business elsewhere but i still swear by their heartattack candies and odins milk but yes the meds are getting way too pricey and its just not the same anymore sorry hopenet:violin2:

S

Skyline

I have encountered the budtender you speak of a handful of times now. Yes, I can tell that she's new and has some things to learn. There's no excuse for shorting meds right in front of the patient. But in her defense: Who are any of us to say that she is "overmedicated?" This woman is a patient too, remember. Maybe this is the only job she can work due to her need for constant medication? At the end of the day we don't know her needs, and shouldn't make such calls, regardless of the situation. My opinion.

As for their prices, I wish they were lower too. I'm not rich :lol:, and a 60 dollar 8th hurts my wallet just as much as the next person. BUT, I find meds at Hope Net that I simply cannot get at other coops in the area. They always seem to have something that is above and beyond what I'm seeing elsewhere. And I've gotten some great 50 dollar 8ths here too.

Bottom line is it's worth it to me.

BayRidin

Mar 9, 2011

I've been saying it for over a year, nice club and nice people but anywhere that charges 25/gram when it should be 15 ain't for me, I've never been super impressed with the quality of flowers at Hopenet they are clearly overcharging plus there are so many better dispensaries in the city

Jul 24, 2007

For me, HopeNet is a nice place to visit once in a while, especially if I read on here they have something special in like Alaskan ThunderFuck, U2, etc...

I can't afford $55, or even $60 1/8's. Even if I could, I think I would still go to ............, just much more knowledgable and usually more chronic buds anyways... :)

jordan

full melt!
Apr 14, 2007
www.fullmeltbubble.com

dankbudsonly said:
For me, HopeNet is a nice place to visit once in a while, especially if I read on here they have something special in like Alaskan ThunderFuck, U2, etc...

I can't afford $55, or even $60 1/8's. Even if I could, I think I would still go to ..........., just much more knowledgable and usually more chronic buds anyways... :)
i definately agree

marshall

Saute away!
Sep 11, 2006

Finally made it over there to check out the latest stuff. As I waited to enter the bud room, I spied "the lady" helping a customer. Also there was the "King of Spliffs". I was nervous, and of course, the lady finished with her patient first. So I started asking about edibles. All of a sudden, she had to go pee, and I was handed over to the Master to finish my order. Lucky me! Didn't have tonnes to spend, but I checked out the U2, which is great. Also, their OGK was really good, maybe comparable to top shelf OGK at my other favorite clubs. He also set me up with some almost yellow Silver Kush (?) hash (?).
Don't know anything about this newer tender, although she was talking about some ripping stuff that she had grown at home. I had to reach deep into the freezer to grab my own chocolate milk, as she has a broken arm. The Master Tender was finishing my order and there was no one in line, so I hung for a few minutes as both tenders were rolling some bombers. The lady handed the Master a large oiler, and it was quickly lit. I got 1 large puff of it as it circled. He then left to deliver share his puffer with the folks up front. I was hoping that the newer tender would be generous, but with the bomber hanging from her lower lip, she gruffly uttered "have a nice day". I saw no other familiar, friendly faces there, so I packed up and headed out.
I do have to say that prices are steep here. After I left I was trying to add up my purchases, and things were fair, I guess, but no bargains. The Master bagged me 1/2 an 1/8 (1/16) of both U2 and OGK. I didn't have a scale to check these, and I wasn't able to slyly peek at his scale, but the bags look fine, especially for smaller amounts. Again, the OGK was super! The price was $60.
Yes, I also miss our regular staff. Hope they are well and will return soon.

High, I'm High
Dec 15, 2006

picked up some killer Strawberry Cough oil,
best of the best
60/g
also got hooked up with some killer trainwreck that is marked at 25/g

the net always has the widest variety of oils

get the SC oil you wont regret it

kelly650

Hi, Im New!
Sep 17, 2007

I used to go to hope net all the time, they always had really well grown strains and they would always weigh my meds over. They were really friendly but like everyone else I noticed their prices went up and personally I think they are over priced and that is not compassionate. Since then I've been going to another club where I get equal quality weed for no more than $45.

jofl9532

Hi, Im New!
May 24, 2007

i think i had some of the strawberry oil a couple weeks back. it was pretty stony and tasted amazing. one of the best oils ive ever had but i hate dropping 60 for a gram. but it is worth it. :slaugh:

Lupin3rd

WT Regular
Oct 16, 2008

This was the first club i actually went to after getting my card. Very comfortable atmosphere, people near the door, didnt bother me but werent too friendly, back room, there was a really nice older lady. Maybe the owner? got some edibles and a quarter of giant green. weed was maybe a lil too dry for my vape so i mostly smoked it. good weed slight indca feeling but mostly a sativa mind high. i might be coming back to test out some other stuff. plus also medicate on spot nice... :hippie:

greasyg

Hi, Im New!
Apr 29, 2009

Captain Cannabis said:
do you carry clones like white widow or northern lights?
got some sour diesel and headband from them, but haven't seen those particular strains, kinda boring if you ask me