icon
icon

let's talk about IBS and MMJ

D

dismalqueen

I noticed a few patients have mentioned how MMJ has helps with their irritable bowel syndrome. I'm wondering which strains patients have found the most relief from.I'm also interested to know besides IBS, what to you suffer from and does MMJ help it?

The_Wonka

The_Wonka is a name known to all!
Jan 3, 2007
migraines and my tolerence is way too high for mmj to effect me so i guess nothin works now.

SubUrban Cowboy

WT Senior Member
May 24, 2007
IBS among others, but since I need to be at a high functioning level durring the day I use mostly sativas. I have found AOTA to be the best for a daytime smoke. There is much pain relief, ease of the stomach, increased appetite, and a clear but powerful buzz. It is a might tasty strain when grown well too. Other than that I have found the Chem/Dawg family of strains to be highly effective, although Sour D is too heavy for me to use durring a work day. Since I know you are a student, maybe Sour D would be ok for you, it is not too much to deal with, just too much for the work I do. For my night time use I like Grape Krush. I also found great relief in Rose Petal from HCSC, but they have no more at the moment.

C

Compassion King

dismalqueen said:
I noticed a few patients have mentioned how MMJ has helps with their irritable bowel syndrome. I'm wondering which strains patients have found the most relief from.I'm also interested to know besides IBS, what to you suffer from and does MMJ help it?
I do a lot of sativas and it helps me well..I like O.G and Sour D..And others..hope this helps...much love..

Kushmonsta

the silk- ogss
Nov 20, 2006
i'd say good kush helps calm the stomach. The og/chemdawg/sour d type of meds work well for me also. Good purples probably work the best for me as far as pain management goes. Good gdp also helps my appetite.
I can smoke just about anything before work (about 4 exceptions) so potency is not really an issue for me... for example this morning before work I Had a salad of 3 different OG's, followed it up w/ some pure kush, then master... oh and some trainwreck. I don't know how i don't hurt myself, lol.

One thing that i've learned to stay away from, that will F w/ you (well me at least) is dirty concentrates. If there is mold in a concentrate it actually aggravates my intestines. The feeling only lasts for a few minutes after exhale, but it's hellacious. The problem is that most full melt has some kind of mold in it.

If you can find clean concentrates though, they are well worth the donation, especially if you have to sit through a three hour class, or in my case watch a 3 1/2 hour high school football game. btw donation amount does not always mean cleanliness, more like perceived potency.

surfnturf

Hi, Im New!
Aug 22, 2006
As an IBS MMJ patient, I have to say anything from the Kush family is the way to go for me as well. Gives me the same down, eased feeling from my core out as a nice thick indica, but all the cheeriness and up-energetic feeling as a good sativa lends. Also, the taste of kush, though some say must be acquired, is IMHO the sweetest and tastiest of them all.

dismalqueen said:

Diverticulitis, distended intestine, "Sour stomach", etc...

Any of the "Sour" family: Sour Diesel, Sour Grapefruit, NY Deisel.

D

darkintheglow

I was looking for a thread like this. I have CFS and when it's bad, I get symptoms that I have finally begun to realize are IBS-like if not actual IBS. I also have found the Trainwreck and Chemdawg gently restore my appetite and make it possible for me to eat, although unfortunately no matter what or how much I use, I still get nauseated and have, er, digestive "issues" after I eat anything except clear soup. However I need to keep my blood sugar up so I pretty much have to force the issue by smoking before eating when my symptoms are bad, and just live with the consequences. :sick:

Feb 2, 2007
well...as a IBS patient using MMJ, I would say strong indicas are used to help with the spasming and cramping, but sativas can be used to alieviete the anxiety caused by constant bowel problems...I end up using a mix of indicas and sativas to help with my overall conditions.....

jahjuice

WT Regular
Sep 23, 2007
my ibs includes esophagus spasms. I found that to be treatible with the "karma" strain. It took me 15 years to figure out this would be the specific answer to that dilema. Don't know much about karma's technical details. :couch2: :angel:

blackcat420

Hi, Im New!
Feb 3, 2008
i have IBS and stomach ulcers MMJ i found to help me was a high strain of super silver haze.high is very mellow and the pain relief is very strong....

jahjuice

WT Regular
Sep 23, 2007
ak-47, grandaddy-purple, and afgani are also very effective in treating my spastic colon (a form of ibs)and esophagus spasms.

Apr 6, 2008
I have IBS and an Ulcer. smoking eases the pain. after a while with IBS I no longer crave food, after smoking I have increased apetite and have no problem eating.

Im fairly new to smoking so I am still looking for a good strain to smoke!

T

tokermom

If it wasn't for MMJ I think I might just keel over with my IBS. It is nice to see a thread addressing this condition. It is a topic people seem uncomfortable talking about. As far as what strain works best- I get relief from all of it! That and ImodiumAD are my BEST friends when I have to deal with this misirable problem! Good Luck to all that have this painful problem!

simplify

Hi, Im New!
Apr 6, 2008
I experience severe bloating from my IBS. Not sure what foods cause it, but my stomach digests food very slowly and my stomach stay very bloated after I eat. Anybody know a strain that helps bloating?

simplify

Hi, Im New!
Apr 6, 2008
I experience severe bloating from my IBS. Not sure what foods cause it, but my stomach digests food very slowly and my stomach stay very bloated after I eat. Anybody know a strain that helps bloating?

saurus

Hi, Im New!
Aug 23, 2008
I was introduced to mmj about 3 months ago and have dealt with diverticulosis and ibs over the past 2 years. It does help tremendously. One hit and the nausea is gone along with the lower cramping. Amazing to say the least.

Jul 20, 2008
safeaccessnow.org
IBS Sucks I hate it I always forget MMJ helps when the cramps start but then I think oh if I medicate I wont be in control. I am a light wieght almost never medicate before bedtime. It hurts so bad I have to medicate it really helps. I hate being high during the day but the pain is more than an old man can handle so medicate and stay home...