icon
icon

Led's

C

cephas

Yes, unfortunately, but I have seen some incredible results from using LED's to supplement, as sub canopy lighting, or just around the perimeter next to the HPS.

Jan 30, 2010
Ya ive heard that was good too but definitly cant affford to do both...ive just heard leds are just as good as hps when used solely and its efficiency is un beatable.....just wanted to see if anyone had any proof or could atest to these claims

Petey McEnroe

tokin TGA all day
Apr 13, 2009
first hand experience, LED's work. they are a replacement for HPS of the same watts. i got the procyon 100 and it will out perform a 150 hps no problem. want pics? i got threads on Breedbay.co.uk on my LED grows.

astro queen harvest grown under LED's

jacks cleaner 2 harvest grown under LED's

both plants were grown at the same time. not a bad yeild from 100 watts huh?

ogk420

The Blueberry Kid
May 7, 2008
ok heres my 2 cents. i HAVE purchased at 350 watt 5-band l.e.d light. it was supposed

to perform just as well as a 1k h.p.s......WRONG. I ran my 1k H.P.S in one room and

ran the 350 watt L.E.D in another room to compare results, same nutes, strain and

soil. yes it worked great in veg, flowering

it lacked GREATLY i got 8 oz. dry weight from my h.p.s and i only got 3 and a half oz

from the l.e.d., It may have performed just as well as my 400 watt h.p.s that i have

sitting around but not any better than my 400 watt. heres the thing, for that 350 watt

it cost me 1200 dollars, i would have never purchased that thing if i hadnt been

guaranteed my money back if i didnt like the results. what you are looking for, i guess

something that matches a 600 watt h.p.s well i do believe they make a 700 watt l.e.d

that would probably match the power of a 600 h.p.s but the price tag on that thing is

2500 dollars... do you think its worth it? my opinion on L.E.D lights is this, they are

definetly the future of growing. right now i dont believe they are worth the price tag on

them tho. they need to bring the price tag down on these things first, they are just way

too expensive for how well they work at this point in time. They are a great form of

side lighting especially if you want to throw a ton of blue and red spectrum light into

your room. but they dont perform as well as the manufacturers say so dont expect to

buy one with the idea that youre going to pull pounds, id say this is more of a

connoisseur light because it prodouce a bit of a better smoke and look in my opinion.

Jan 30, 2010
Thanks for your input ogk42 I think ill go with a hps for now and maybe like you said once price goes down maybe consider them later on since I dont have that kind of money haha

Protar

Medicated
Apr 4, 2010
I tried 4 of the low wattage panels from Ebay and found that they are only good for supplementing other light sources. They worked well with CFLs in a closet grow.

I switched to T5HO Agricultural tubes (10 X 55w) in a 3' X 4' shelf unit. I've grown some nice dense flowers that are extra sticky, but it takes longer to finish.

N

natefrogg

looks like the cfls are totally overpowering this cheapo panel, wait n see how the plants react i suppose...hmmm, i should probably lower the panel or raise the plants up a bit now that i re look at this:

Apr 14, 2006
alsmediagroup.com
LED's are definitely the future of growing, if NASA is using them in space, you should already paint a picture in your mind on the capabilities of LED Lights. And you can't just put any lights over a plant and expect growth efficiency, Make sure the LED's being used are at the least 1W Chips. Tri-Band of Red, Blue, Orange works the best from my research and speculation into the technology, I have also been designing my own systems & lights and will be in the manufacturing process very soon, Research and Development is KEY!

N

natefrogg

has anyone by chance seen prosource ufo led lights for sale at a shop anywhere around southern california?

uclatlan

WT Regular
Mar 31, 2008
I used BloomBoss Spot 15w LED Grow Light Red/Blue for the vegetation state (only cost me $60 online), Works great but for budding... I sticked to HPS.