icon
icon

got milk?

jdecay

Ceci n'est pas une pipe
Jun 20, 2007
This kinda peeked my interest too. Is this the same thing as Bhang in India? I saw an episode of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations where he went to a Bhang bar in India and drank one. I think the idea is great. They do grind the MJ in the milk, like a blender-made milkshake. I don't care how strong it is, I am going to drink a whole one at once. No edible in my life's history has ever been too strong for me. I think my GI tract doesn't absorb THC well. Maybe its because I have acid-reflux and take Prevacid:sick: ?

jordan

full melt!
Apr 14, 2007
www.fullmeltbubble.com
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY! so you guys have never had odins milks huh? well let me tell you they are one of my top edible choices and one will put you out, even if you have a high tolerance like me and edibles do nothing? well this one will make you stare at a wall and have fun for hours haha. no but really one milk per person is alot, i usually buy the milks and make some kind of milkshake out of it since it is kind of spicy im guessing from all the hash and keif, i cant even explain how medicated you get, this is honestly one of those edibles you should only try half until you know you can handle it. i love to drink the whole thing though :D but thats just me :slaugh:

dmoney

High, Im New!
Oct 10, 2006
jdecay... i have acid reflux too and have also had a problem getting any edibles to work for me. could there be a connection between the 2...?

that being said, when i finally got my hands on one of the milks i was very excited because of all the great reviews about it being very strong. but when i drank the full amount on an empty stomach it did nothing for me. :doh:

stanley

Medicated since 1968
Jan 5, 2006
dmoney said:
that being said, when i finally got my hands on one of the milks i was very excited because of all the great reviews about it being very strong. but when i drank the full amount on an empty stomach it did nothing for me. :doh:
That is a real shame. Odin's Milk has been the ONLY reliable edible I have EVER gotten at a dispensary.

I have been smoking for 40 years, and now, as a cancer patient I use a lot of concentrates.

Only very recently have I started LEARNING how to approprately dose edibles...

Metabolism is everything with edibles. Those of you with compromised digestive systems will face different battles, but for those of us with fairly normal digestion, I have found the following info to be pretty reliable in producing the desired effects from edibles...

First, the perceived or "felt" effects from edibles are WAY different than the perceived effects of smoked MMJ for most people... Edibles tend to be much more of a body sensation, more like a deep muscle relaxant, slightly sedative. The sense of euphoria and "head high" are typically either not felt or is much reduced in ratio to the "body" effects...especially true when the edibles are produced using indica as a base...

Since the effective chemicals in the medicine must now be "digested" by your gut, the effects from edibles are not felt, typically for between 30-45 minutes, again, depending on your personal metabolism.

For my other patient friends, I give the following advice:

1- Try to take your edible on an empty stomach, preferably not having eaten anything for at least two hours.

2- Take your edible with something that has extra fat lipids (ice cream, milk, butter, oil) so that your digestive system has "extra" fat molecules available for the THC in your edible to hitch a ride on into your digestive system...

3- About an hour or so after eating your edible, a small snack seems to help...

You all need to keep something in mind.... THC isnt "free". We all pay a bleedin' fortune for top shelf buds, 50-60 an eighth, a decent sized joint is fifteen dollars worth of medicine...

Why would you expect a five dollar cookie to get you "wasted" ? Nothing is free in life, and you are going to have to pay for your THC in whatever form you get it...

Odin's chocolate milks are about 15 bucks if I remember right, and one, on a empty stomach for me, is a pretty good dose, in my opinion, they are ONE of the more cost effective dispensary edibles out there...

As a point of reference for you all, I make my own medicated brownies... (from a mix, I am no baker) In a 9in X 9in pan I use 7 grams of powdered bubble hash... I cut the brownies into 16 servings... Half of one is good for daytime use, a whole one works well at night. That means they cost between 12 and 15 dollars a piece... but they work, like a charm, every time...

Jan 20, 2008
Trebla said:
Im serious I really didnt feel very much of this edible...I think i need to drink 2 milks next time...maybe 3?
wow, huh. the first time I had the milk @ hopenet I was pretty much laid out. TJ gave me one once upon a time and I began to feel the medicine in an hours time. I walked home, and by the time I got there (half hour later) I was ready for a nap I thought, however I ended up in Huntington Park across from The Grace Cathedral, which was a very nice place to sit and experience such wonderful medicine.

I'd say all in all, I was very well medicated for around 4.5 hours.

Trebla, I don't know what your doctor said when you got your reccomendation, but mine told me a 4 to 7 day break was necessary every 2-4 months, depending on your amount you smoke/ingest - to ensure your medicine is always the most effective and you're not wasting due to built up tolerance.

my advice, if you haven't tried that! :)

enjoy !

-Omar /18% :hippie:

Djmmj

Hi, Im New!
Sep 16, 2008
rant! said:
:twitch: ...*LOL!!!*...yeah, it's true folks. the first time i drank the milk, i downed it to the suds & awaited the festivities.
....i blacked-out & the next thing i know, i'm laying on the steps of Barnes & Nobles out in Jack London Square in Oakland....how i got there is anyone's guess.....plus, i didn't down the milk 'till after midnight & the BART trains stop running 'round that time(12:30am to be more exact)...so, hey................to this day, i haven't the foggiest idea what happened between the time i drank it to the time i wound-up in Oakland.

so, in my lil' twisted-up mind, all that tells me is:....GOTTA' GET MORE MILK!!!!:whoo: :rapture:
Hi im new. Ive got to get me some of this milk too. Do they still have it? WIll they let me in with just a medicann doctors rec or do i need a "card"?thanks

rant!

MENTALGALACTIC!!!
Dec 26, 2006
hi. welcome DJMMJ.
i haven't had the Odin's Chocolate Milk over there in a good minute, but i'm quite sure they still sell it....they should actually have some in now, i'd guess.

when you do try it out, ONLY DRINK HALF OF THE BOTTLE...& wait for about 15-30 minutes(sometimes a lil' more, sometimes a lil' less...it always depends on the individual).

let us know your experience when you do try it.:punkrock:

stanley

Medicated since 1968
Jan 5, 2006
Just a couple points about Odin's milks.....

1-- I love 'em.

2-- Like all edibles, different folks will have different reactions... but these are strong.

3-- Taken on an empty stomach, one is a full dose for me, and I have a fairly high tolerance... Another patient friend of mine can only use 1/2, or he takes a nap.

4-- They are frozen when you buy them, and I have kept them for up to six months and they were still fine, as long as you keep them frozen... (OK, I wouldnt know that if I kept my freezer more organized)

5-- Use Odin's milk to make Chocolate instant pudding and you have a pretty fine medicated dessert....

6-- Did I tell you I love 'em?

rant!

MENTALGALACTIC!!!
Dec 26, 2006
good question, i haven't had one in what feels like forever, but if i'm right, i BELIEVE they were going anywhere from $13-$15...
...but by this time, the price may have changed, so maybe someone from The 'Net(or someone who just bought a milk recently) can intervene & let all of us know.

..but i strongly recommend trying the milk.:punkrock:

coldfire23mj

Sativa Please
Apr 14, 2008
went yesterday. pretty nice guy checking me in other than that, everyone else was pretty unfriendly. doorman showed me no respect. place has 1/8ths 60-50. pretty good looking buds, kind of expensive though. had their chocolate milk and 1 of their edibles smoked a blunt and about bowls and was kind of high. the bud i had was low-medium grade but the edibles and the choco milk i got where from hopenet. its a cool place, everyone blazing joints inside, but i just didn't feel welcome. but its all good, there are other clubs out there. milk was 10 bucks edibles are 5 and if u can get 5 for 20.

highsierra

Plant Manager
Jul 30, 2005
i remember my first visit to Hopenet a few years back. The guy behind the counter gave me a free chocomilk, and said "share it and dont drink it on your 4 hour drive home, no matter how much you want to ". i abided

caliguy024

Hi, Im New!
Aug 18, 2008
will they have some this weekend? never been here but love STRONG edibles. from what i hear the milk is the best. plz save some for a 1st timer:hippie: