icon
icon

Giving Back

Mike949

WT Advanced Member
Dec 29, 2009
The other day I was coming out of Costco and this woman and her husband ran up to me, telling me that they sold their car but did not know what paperwork they needed to fill out. I told them they have to send the Notice of Release and Reliability to the DMV

A few months back I pulled into the Ralphs parking lot and I noticed someone had left their wallet in an empty grocery cart. So I went into Ralphs and gave it to the manager, in case that person came back to look for it

Stuff like that rarely happens but I try to do the little things on a daily basis. Hold the door open, allow other drivers to change lanes, always say thank you when I'm at the store, doctor's office, library. For some reason when I'm at the library, people come up to me because they think I work there. So I just play along and help them with whatever they need lol

Dec 9, 2006
:glitterleaf: they would have passed me because i look like i am ready to explode haha-my wife says don't look at people cause it looks like a mean face,told wife if you grew up like me youd be fucking pissed off also,i take meds now to chill me out

Dec 9, 2006
have to call jury duty that i'm not a good canadate for a jury having spent years in jail lol-one time the county made me go there anyway one year,i left after 1 o,clock something like that,i think they just wanted to check me out,so i smiled at the dome camras in the hall while waiting haha :flyinghigh:

Mike949

WT Advanced Member
Dec 29, 2009
have to call jury duty that i'm not a good canadate for a jury having spent years in jail lol-one time the county made me go there anyway one year,i left after 1 o,clock something like that,i think they just wanted to check me out,so i smiled at the dome camras in the hall while waiting haha :flyinghigh:
I have been receiving jury duty notices for almost 10 years now and I just throw them in the trash! lol..Someone told me that they can never prove that you ever got the notice in the mail, and that's why nobody ever gets prosecuted for failing to show up. In this economy they don't have the money to go after people like me lol

Dec 9, 2006
the way they send people to prison in california how can anyone fill a jury-so many x-cons-imo in sunny cali.

Dec 9, 2006
on another note having been in public back and forth to DR.s pharmacy,etc-riding on elevatovs it just seems more people are kind to each other -might be my meds and i finally can smile,whatever just a thought :glitterleaf:

hard worker

Blacker than Black
Jun 21, 2007
ohhh this ones a good one.....so on the way home one evening...i stopped to get a couple of lil ceasers pizzas...(yes i know thy blow)...anyway..this particular place had many pan handlers...you have to pay cash so these guys know your coming out with some change...so i make my way to my car and a guy tells me he's homeless and hungry...and was begging for a slice of pizza...(you can tell he meant every word)..meanwhile the other homeless are making fun of him...couldn't tell you why...i really didnt want this guy pawing my pizza for a slice...nor did i really want to dig in there either....i just gave em a whole pizza....fuck it...and then i was floored...this man dropped to his knees..right there on the sidewalk in front of me and lil ceasers...opened up the box and began ravaging the pizza like he hadn't eaten in days....did i feel good about myself...no.....i felt guilty...

Dec 9, 2006
i remember i knew some homeless peeps,so i cleaned up then went to visit the old stompping grounds ended up buying 1/2 gallon vodka,cigs,change etc.they pull the 1/2 gallon of vodka out the bag and one says i thought you were a friend haha-we all new it ment trouble but they needed the booze... :glitterleaf:

Mike949

WT Advanced Member
Dec 29, 2009
i stopped to get a couple of lil ceasers pizzas...(yes i know thy blow)
I worked at Little Caesars like 7-8 years ago lol

The pizzas do suck if you eat them every day, but they are good for $5 if you get them just once a week or so. I was kinda pissed because they did not give me a discount for being an employee, I had to pay full price lol..Their ranch dressing is good for dipping your pizza in though

Mike949

WT Advanced Member
Dec 29, 2009
i remember i knew some homeless peeps,so i cleaned up then went to visit the old stompping grounds ended up buying 1/2 gallon vodka,cigs,change etc.they pull the 1/2 gallon of vodka out the bag and one says i thought you were a friend haha-we all new it ment trouble but they needed the booze... :glitterleaf:
So you roll up and say "I'm sober but here's some vodka, you keep drinking"...That's bad but very funny lol

Dec 9, 2006
no- its like where you been,and i was like santa clause but not showing off my sobrity-just something i did thinking it would help ease the pain of homelessness for awhile,what do i do roll up and ask who wants a ride to the county de-tox on lincoln ave.lol-they would of said already been there this month or just left can't you see my clean clothes haha :smoking_pipe:

Mike949

WT Advanced Member
Dec 29, 2009
what do i do roll up and ask who wants a ride to the county de-tox on lincoln ave.lol-they would of said already been there this month or just left can't you see my clean clothes haha :smoking_pipe:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SOCALFORTUNE

ceo of the cannabis cousins club
Mar 9, 2009
ohhh this ones a good one.....so on the way home one evening...i stopped to get a couple of lil ceasers pizzas...(yes i know thy blow)...anyway..this particular place had many pan handlers...you have to pay cash so these guys know your coming out with some change...so i make my way to my car and a guy tells me he's homeless and hungry...and was begging for a slice of pizza...(you can tell he meant every word)..meanwhile the other homeless are making fun of him...couldn't tell you why...i really didnt want this guy pawing my pizza for a slice...nor did i really want to dig in there either....i just gave em a whole pizza....fuck it...and then i was floored...this man dropped to his knees..right there on the sidewalk in front of me and lil ceasers...opened up the box and began ravaging the pizza like he hadn't eaten in days....did i feel good about myself...no.....i felt guilty...
undercover brutha strikes again !!!

Jul 14, 2010
opened up the box and began ravaging the pizza like he hadn't eaten in days....did i feel good about myself...no.....i felt guilty...
It's weird, but as a young man I started my life wondering how anyone became homeless. I was seriously under the impression that to be homeless you had to do something ungodly. You had to make so many mistakes that it could literally never happen to me or anyone I knew. As I reached my late teens I was a sympathetic person. I often gave to the homeless, you know the dollar here and there, but still was not quite sure how bad it would have to be before you actually reached that point. And the idea of being hungry didn't make a lot of sense still. I was very much under the impression that no matter what it seemed like you could get a couple bucks to get some food, either by begging or whatever.

However as I reached my early and mid twenties I started to see it a little differently. I started to understand that although most homeless made serious mistakes those mistakes were most likely compounding mistakes. Make one error, the next one is hard to avoid and is even bigger, screw that up and you are on the verge, and if you mess that up then... well... you are homeless. Can it happen to people I know? It has! Can it happen to me, it has been close a few times. I made it to the step or two before it for sure. Always got lucky or pulled myself out, but I get it. It can happen to anyone, and for that reading a story like that one, about a man who is truly hungry is sad. It makes me think about how you can actually help on a daily basis. And maybe you can only do it in small steps like this, but on occasion I consider doing far more. But then again if all the seriously good people in the world just thought about it like me we would be in a whole heap of trouble.

Just my thoughts.

Dec 9, 2006
being homeless is difficult people pray on the weakest,pass out there goes your shoes-other speed freks walk around at night in san francisco and piss on people sleeping in doorways,and ignorant people just say lazy fucks y not get a job-buy the time you are homeless you have lost all that you need to get a job,no selfesteam or even you lose the human touch and turn into an animal in the jungle where you play-imo

Jul 14, 2010
ignorant people just say lazy fucks y not get a job-buy the time you are homeless you have lost all that you need to get a job,no selfesteam or even you lose the human touch and turn into an animal in the jungle where you play-imo
That is what I have learned. By the time you have realized what is about to happen it is too late, and if you become homeless and then try and rebound it is 10X harder than before you were on the street. Sure there is help, but it is a lot fewer and farther between than I would have thought originally. And to get your self together long enough to figure out how to get help and then actually get it is past most people once they are homeless.

Mike949

WT Advanced Member
Dec 29, 2009
It's weird, but as a young man I started my life wondering how anyone became homeless
Well, there's a lot of reasons. IMO the most common is those who are mentally ill and don't get the assistance they need. Their family and friends never gave a shit about them so their only option is to live on the streets. Drug addiction probably comes in second

However, you must admit that the homeless have it pretty good in the U.S. compared to other places. When they beg for money, it's the more fortunate folks that give it them. In other countries, you're a poor person asking for money from other poor people that cannot afford to give it you. Also, there are always homeless shelters and soup kitchens that they can go to. Not to mention welfare and government loans to attend college if and when these homeless people ever want to get on the right path

Some people that are homeless have absolutely nothing wrong with them physically or mentally, and choose to live on the streets because they're lazy. Those are the kind I have no sympathy for. The homeless in Portland and Seattle are a great example of that

Dec 9, 2006
who would want to live no more better off then a dog-unless they are wack or being imprissoned by king alcohol or drugs-it does not make sence to me,when the homeless have a union then i'll get mad at them- :bigrastajoint:

Goldenrod

Seed Popper
Jan 25, 2010
its the drunks that make being homeless diffecult. being out of control in a drunken stupor scares sober folk who witness it. someone dirty talking to the voices in thier head does not put off even the staunchest prudent types. but those truely ill in need of help usually are the ones most resistant to help & handouts. yeah theres a buncha fools out there only homeless because they wont conform to our rules of employment & housing & do whats needed to support themselves & instead spend every penny they can beg borrow or steal on the drink & hard drugs. theres even more who like kelly thomas that stay homeless purely because its the only way they can live & survive the things inside them. kellys dad was a transportation deputy for many years for oc sherriffs dept. hes a gentleman who did his job with respect & kindness towards the prisoners. his wife left him over thier son kelly because his father never turned kelly away. even still he is there for kelly everyday at every hearing vigil etc. kelly chose to be homeless because it protected his loved ones from his insanity. my gramma once told me never pass by someone needing help, jesus will always come to us as 1 less than us. smile show kindness. it could save a life thru that 1 act of kindness. be well yall 1 love.