icon
icon

Expert needed to help create Autoflower

Feb 4, 2018
If anybody has the expertise in creating autoflowers I would appreciate your help I am looking to create an Autoflower out of my pure Afghan 100% indica don't know exactly what ruderalis cross with I know it's very long and complicated process but something I'm looking forward to doing

Feb 4, 2018
I have no experience yet in plant breeding, but if you look around some torrent sites you can find literature on that stuff. I'm just finishing a book called Marijuana Botany - An Advanced Study: The Propagation and Breeding of Distinctive Cannabis, by Robert Connell Clarke. There's another one I have downloaded, although I haven't looked into it yet; it's called Cannabis Breeders Bible - The Definitive Guide To Marijuana Varieties And Creating Strains for the Seed Market, by Greg Green. What you can do is go through the books, and what you don't get from there, you can find by doing searches around different sites.

Just as a caveat: the longer the title, the drier the reading. I learned that part when I was getting my B.Sc. Good luck with it, and I hope you get the info you're after.

Feb 4, 2018
I have read most of these books I know the breeding process I need help with landrace I need a landrace with a recessive gene for autoflowering /ruderalis

Feb 4, 2018
Oooohhhh, that's a good question. You may need to produce a bunch of F1 hybrids to breed and first select the autos out of the F2s. Then You'd want to start selecting the indica properties out of the F3s and so on down the line. It can be done, but as you said, it would be a complicated process. Would an indica landrace even have a recessive gene for that? My biology is focused toward ecology and fish. Wish I could help