icon
icon

Co-op for RSM or Mission Viejo, Orange County

I'm going to try to start an MMJ Co-op in Orange County (RSM or Mission Viejo, looking into who will give a permit). Also, I don't have vendors lined up, but hope to sort that out soon. Appreciate any advice regarding my new effort. We shall "work collectively and cooperatively" more so here in Orange County soon, I hope. :high5:

trackstar

HIGH WEEDTRACKER!
Feb 1, 2007
That's the weird thing with Lake Forest also.. They have a moratoria also but they have like 5 Co-ops over there. I don't know how they all do it but i wish them luck.. and i sure hope your RSM Co-op can open up without too much problems also. GOOD LUCK!

trackstar said:
That's the weird thing with Lake Forest also.. They have a moratoria also but they have like 5 Co-ops over there. I don't know how they all do it but i wish them luck.. and i sure hope your RSM Co-op can open up without too much problems also. GOOD LUCK!
So the Lake Forest co-ops have no licenses? Where did you learn of these moratoria? Thank you!

Aug 18, 2006
I dunno man...I live in RSM and this is the LAST place I can imagine would want a business selling drugs (which is the only way I can imagine the city council or whomever would issue a permit seeing it). This town is big on families and low on crime. Cops run numerous speed traps all over the city (illegal under California Vehicle Code by the way). I just think you'd catch way too much heat even attempting anything like that here. The only reason I'm still around here is I'm waiting to sell my place and then I'm getting the hell out. I moved here to buy a place and personally I think it sucks. Great place if you're 40 and white and trying to raise a family I guess, but I'm 29 with no kids and bored to death out here.

Just some advice. Good luck in whatever you wind up with though!

W

WildWill

Forum Rules said:
# IM A VENDOR, CAN I SELL MY PRODUCTS TO CO-OPS OR PATIENTS THROUGH YOUR SITE?

HELL NO. What are you thinking? No user shall offer for sale any cannabis, clones, pipes, bongs, vaporizers or other medicines or materials to any other user. No user shall use the forums to organize, communicate or otherwise arrange for the sale of cannabis to another user. Everybody here should be a legal medical patient and should be getting their medicine from a safe, legal source, i.e. one of the co-ops listed in the forums diretcory. This includes co-ops looking for vendors or vendors looking for co-ops to sell to. There should be no post requesting sales or vendors of any kind. You will be removed from the community if you do.

# IM A CO-OP, I NEED VENDORS!

That’s nice, put a sign in your window because your not allowed asking for them here. No vendor request for any reason by anybody at anytime will be allowed. You will be banned quickly for violating this rule. See the rule above for a more detailed explanation.
Just a friendly reminder

cyn620 said:
I dunno man...I live in RSM and this is the LAST place I can imagine would want a business selling drugs (which is the only way I can imagine the city council or whomever would issue a permit seeing it). This town is big on families and low on crime. Cops run numerous speed traps all over the city (illegal under California Vehicle Code by the way). I just think you'd catch way too much heat even attempting anything like that here. The only reason I'm still around here is I'm waiting to sell my place and then I'm getting the hell out. I moved here to buy a place and personally I think it sucks. Great place if you're 40 and white and trying to raise a family I guess, but I'm 29 with no kids and bored to death out here.

Just some advice. Good luck in whatever you wind up with though!
This is what I was thinking, even though I'm sure many patients would want it. Thanks for your reply. What would you say is the nearest good city to start a co-op? Do you think is possible to make deliveries into RSM? Thanks again.

Aug 18, 2006
rosebud said:
This is what I was thinking, even though I'm sure many patients would want it. Thanks for your reply. What would you say is the nearest good city to start a co-op? Do you think is possible to make deliveries into RSM? Thanks again.
Lake Forest of Mission Viejo I guess. San Clemente would be nice for the SD patients, but I wonder how many people would come down from up north a-ways. Im not sure of an issues with deliveries but if you're gonna do it around here dont drive over the speed limit ha ha.

Eazily Distracted

WT Irregularity...
Aug 3, 2005
rosebud said:
So the Lake Forest co-ops have no licenses? Where did you learn of these moratoria? Thank you!
:confused: .... um... imo... if you have to ask for help in a public forum on this type of business, then maybe it isn't something you should get into... i have seen people on this forum that think they can just open one up easy as 123 and have people flock to them and didn't happen that way... but in oc, your chances are better then most if you do it right. but anyway, just get a good lawyer, thats probably what anybody really needs... :slaugh: