icon
icon

Cimetidine (Zantac) and MMJ

referee4

Fighting for the RIGHT to medicate In Peace.
Apr 6, 2008
It is believed that consuming Cimetidine an hour before smoking Cannabis, would potentate the Cannabis's effects.

It is believed because Cimetidine inhibits the CYP-450 enzyme, and metabolism mainly occurs in the liver by cytochrome P450 enzymes CYP2C9, CYP2C19, and CYP3A4.

Due to the inhibition of the CYP-450 enzyme, THC, the psychoactive substance in Cannabis, would not be able to be metabolized until the inhibition of the CYP-450 enzyme is lifted, which may take hours, thus increasing the duration of its effect.

This is a serious medication warning.

Stoners exempt

referee4

Fighting for the RIGHT to medicate In Peace.
Apr 6, 2008
This includes many many other anti acid products that are prescribed or OTC. if it contains Cimetidine . It has the potential.

flyhigh123

Hi I B High
Jul 14, 2010
Be careful useing any of the pills that stop the acid in your stomach. I just got off of Protonix after 6 years and I feel great now! I did not realize that the protonix was screwing me up so bad. I had anxity, I was depressed, I had no energy at all.
Protonix also gave my a false reading with blood sugar. As it did raise my levels. I will never take another med like that! The reason it happened was that by shutting off the acid you stop digesting all of your food, and you stop getting all the viatims and minerals that you need.

danx_qz0

fresh baked
Apr 12, 2009
flyhigh123 said:
Be careful useing any of the pills that stop the acid in your stomach. I just got off of Protonix after 6 years and I feel great now! I did not realize that the protonix was screwing me up so bad. I had anxity, I was depressed, I had no energy at all.
Protonix also gave my a false reading with blood sugar. As it did raise my levels. I will never take another med like that! The reason it happened was that by shutting off the acid you stop digesting all of your food, and you stop getting all the viatims and minerals that you need.
i have a huge problem with acids and my gut. the doc recommended i take zantac to help me out, so i do from time to time. is zantac a bad idea to take if i medicate a lot?

scrib

WT Regular
Apr 10, 2009
Cimetidine is the only H2 blocker that has this effect of a longer high.
It is popular with Heroine addicts and has been for years.
There has been articles in medicine journals about this.
But, never tried it myself.

I get Prevacid:faint:

flyhigh123

Hi I B High
Jul 14, 2010
Zantac is fine to take while you medicate. You just don't want to use ANY of the acid blockers long term. Sorry it only took forever to reply to you.

scrib

WT Regular
Apr 10, 2009
Prilosec or omeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor. Long term effects would be a vitamine B12 dificiency. And Bone stregnth. Hydrochloric acid (stomach acid) is required to process calcium. If calcium cannot be processed bone density will be affected.

Studies are positive tha a lack of cyanocobalamine (B12) is a major factor of Alzheimer's.

Badco, I would try famotadine. Start at 20mg you can always take more. First make sure its OK w your regular Dr.

Dec 9, 2006
i wrote it down for my next visit-my last vomit was all stomache acid after about 20 minutes in sink,i,v got what i think is a good DR. and a few major problems,but i never took more then a vitamin,till about 10 years ago,lost so much weight and strength-level know-all is good-badco ps i have real bad bone pain take norco for that and my vitamin d was way way low,i belive my DR.s are doing the best they can in my situation,thank you WT

Dec 9, 2006
i was told years ago when i had uncontrolable nausa and prescribed prilosic that back in the days of cavemen times people needed all that acid to kill the germs from roadkill -but we have so many hygine rules in foods for public consumtion-that we do not need all of the acid in our stomaches, just sayin WTs