icon
icon

Ac Units

eclipse

Now, if 6 turned up to be 9, I don't mind, I don't
Jan 17, 2008
IMHO--efficiency, noise and cost are the 3 primary reasons why I would avoid portables. But...that said, sometimes they are the only option.

satchmo

cloudy eyes and clear mind...
Sep 21, 2006
r2d2 a/c's are cool in certain situations. most importantly look at rez size in the ac.
how big is the catch bucket? cuz its another thing to check/overfill.
ive seen ones with a lift pump in the unit so you could pump to a barrel. or to drain.
you need more air flow in room. it pulls thru unit and out the back as hot exhaust.
the exhaust needs to be scrubbed/ozoned. or do a set up like air cooled hoods on the a/c. a sealed run if you will.
they work, but just bring up a whole other set of issues to address.

HOMEGROWNKUSTOMZ

HOMEGROWNKUSTOMZ
Feb 19, 2009
i snagged one from overstock.com...1200 btu, carbon filter built into the intake vents,,,claims no need to dump any water out but in the event i do ill just raise the unit and simply place a bucket under the dump .....ended up using a y splitter to just dump the exhaust to the lights and out the main dump,,,its no longer hot :rastabanana:

HOMEGROWNKUSTOMZ

HOMEGROWNKUSTOMZ
Feb 19, 2009
I've got to do this myself, was looking @ $99-199 window mount models...duh, did not even consider scrubbing the output hmmm
i never had any issues with smell via a window unit brotha then again it wasnt tech in my flower booth it was in my veg/smoke room buuut that room smelt just as strong to worse at times esp harvest time,,,if you got an exhaust with a filter allready in place your solid imho

Nov 28, 2007
There isn't any smell with with a window unit unless it isn't installed properly. It doesn't vent any air outside. At least most models dont

Jan 11, 2011
i want to install a window unit in a 1800watt 4x8 tent thats inside an uninsulated garage. any advice or ideas on how i could expell the hot air? my only other option would be a mini split? i have a 9000 btu portable ac that i set up outside the tent and ducted air into the tent...causes the tent to balloon from too much positive pressure. im running an open system and am anxious to go sealed....HELP!!! please.

cm.truth

WT Regular (still smokin, but been away for awhile
Mar 16, 2010
if anybody wants a small air conditioning unit for their growroom(s), then check out mini splits, and see the huge potential in cooling down your temp, without buying a full unit or industrial if you're going big... for the best prices online and to learn more about them, check out www.justminisplits.com...

- cm